- Choose the date
- Give me a call or send me an email
- Locate your paperwork
- Contact me as soon as you have your Ceremony venue or location booked so that we can secure the date and organise a day for us to meet
- [Download] and complete details of the Notice of Intended Marriage for our first consultation
- Locate your legal documents (See Legal Requirements)
- Start thinking about the ‘feel’ of your ceremony… what does it mean to you both … is there something or someone special you would like to include in your ceremony?
- You will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit at our first consultation, allowing me to lodge your Notice of Intended Marriage
It is never too early to choose your celebrant, as many dates book many months in advance. By paying a deposit (approx. $150.00), I can lock in your date and time for your ceremony.
My role is to support you with your choice of ceremony, including the design and details of a ceremony specifically for you. I will meet with you initially for a friendly chat and introduction to make sure we connect. Once your deposit is paid and your date is booked, we will keep in touch via phone and email, and have 2-3 meetings during the lead up to your special day. However, if we need to meet more or less often this is fine as well. Having good communication, that is what is most important!
- Initial and subsequent consultations in person, or by phone/email
- Completion and lodgement of legal paperwork for weddings – Notice of Intended Marriage as well as the Registration of Marriage with Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages after the ceremony
- A complimentary folder containing a wedding/ceremony checklist, a selection of poetry, readings and vows, together with some sample ceremonies to give you an idea of the possibilities
- A ceremony personally written for you
- If required, a rehearsal at the venue
- A professional PA system with iPod/phone connection
- If required a signing table and chair
- Printed Certificate of Marriage
- Keepsake copy of your ceremony
- Administrative costs
- Travel within Sydney to conduct the ceremony (additional fees may be charged or outside of Sydney)
We can do both or either! I have many years of experience in creative writing, plus I have numerous examples and styles for you to choose from, or use as a guide to design your own ceremony. I am always here to guide you and I also have ‘20 Tips’ for designing your own Vows.
Most ceremonies take around 15-20 minutes (30 minutes from entrance to recessional) depending on the inclusion of Readings/Poetry or Rituals. You don’t want your ceremony to be too long, however, you also don’t want it to be over in a flash.
- Before you may marry, the law requires that you sign and lodge with me the ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
- This Notice must be submitted to me no less than one calendar month prior to the wedding. You can submit your Notice in person or email; however, you must produce the original Notice when you meet with me. The Notice will remain active for 18 calendar months from the date of submission.
- You must be over 18 years of age to marry in Australia (unless special permission is granted)
- If you are Australian born you present your original (not copy) Australian birth certificate or your Australian Passport. If born outside Australia, you are required to present your original birth certificate or your international passport.
- If you have been married previously, you are required to produce your Divorce Decree Absolute papers and/or if either of your spouses are deceased, you must produce the Death Certificate.
- On the day of your marriage you require two witnesses over the age of 18.